Truly a slice of heaven, and a wonderful place to get away from the hustle & bustle. This beautiful property is nestled on a quiet, pristine pond in gorgeous mid-coast Maine. With large lots, sparse development, and no public access, this pond offers quiet and privacy typically found far from “civilization”, yet is conveniently located just 12 minutes from downtown Ellsworth, the “Gateway to Acadia National Park”. Take in the stunning sunsets and fall asleep listening to the Loons, or sip your coffee on a crisp foggy morning and watch the bald eagles circle for breakfast just feet from the water in the fully-renovated cottage built in the 1930’s, complete with a deck and small dock perched over the water’s edge. The main home sits upon a hill overlooking the pond and unspoiled mountain backdrop, most of which is protected land that will forever remain wild. The surrounding hills put on a breathtaking show in the fall as the leaves blaze with yellow, orange, and red. The small, gently sloping “ramp” on the shore provides easy access to the clean, warm water that’s perfect for swimming on a warm Summer’s day, and can also be used to launch canoes/kayaks or other personal watercraft.
• Excellent hiking and walking trails nearby
• 200’ water frontage on 1 acre wooded lot
• Surrounded by woods, with no road or city noise
• Just minutes away from some of the best bass, lake trout, and perch fishing in Maine
• 12 minutes from lovely downtown Ellsworth with grocery stores, restaurants, and shopping.
• 40 minutes from Acadia National Park
• 40 Minutes from Castine and kayaking in the bioluminescent bay